Hi… I’m Dr. Mescon
I’m a Naturopathic Doctor, hockey-player, and lover of the outdoors. I am a third-generation physician, carrying on the legacy of my accomplished grandfather and talented mother. My clinical practice is designed to help understand and feel better in your body and prevent future health problems. I have experience bringing the power of naturopathic medicine to bear on issues like fatigue, thyroid disorders, hormonal problems, and digestive issues
My approach empowers you to understand and regulate the underlying mechanisms of your health. In my practice, we lean into the issues disrupting your world to identify the root cause of problems. When you leave a visit, you’ll have a plan and daily steps to regain your health.
My interest in natural healing began when I was a kid, curious about wild edible plants and encouraged by my nutritionist mother to think about the food on my plate. After graduating with a degree in Biology and spending a few years ski-bumming in Northern California, I took the fast-track program at the National University of Health Sciences, and completed a 4-year Naturopathic medical degree in a little over three years. I graduated summa cum laude and salutatorian of my class, and moved to Montana for my Residency training.
All this hard work took its toll, and somewhere along the way, my body and mind didn’t feel like my own. I suffered from deep fatigue that prevented me from living an active lifestyle. I struggled with brain fog, body aches, digestive issues and weight changes. Days were a slog, and I crashed hard when I got home from work. I sacrificed fun and leisure to use every ounce of energy for my work. As I worked harder, my symptoms got worse and it began to affect my relationships.
My fatigue was so intense that my memories of my wedding day include standing exhausted on the side of the dance floor, watching everyone I love dance and celebrate my marriage. I was so happy, but my body and mind were so tired that I couldn’t fully celebrate this joyful occasion.
Since then, I’ve tapped into all my resources, knowledge, and experience to heal my body and endocrine system, and help other women suffering from similar challenges. Today, I focus my practice on health disorders similar to those that threatened to derail me from living a full, active, and happy life.
Today, I leverage various natural and conventional medical tools to maintain my health and energy levels. I have a thriving healthcare practice that I love, and many hobbies that bring me joy. When I’m not working I ski, skate, hunt with my dog and husband, do yoga, care for my rural home, read novels, and spend time with my family and friends. I recovered from rock-bottom fatigue, digestive problems and the impacts of Hashimoto’s thyroiditis to re-discover vitality and understand my body. I’d love to help you do the same.
Here are my professional associations…
- Member of the American Association of Naturopathic Physicians (AANP)
- Member of the Institute for Functional Medicine (IFM)
- Member of the Montana Association of Naturopathic Physicians (MANP)
- Member of the Endocrinology Association of Naturopathic Physicians (EndoANP)
- Licensed Naturopathic Physician in the State of Montana
- Candidate for Institute for Functional Medicine Certified Practitioner
- Completed a Residency in Primary Care and General Practice at Spring Integrative Health in Bozeman, MT
- Doctorate in Naturopathic Medicine, Salutatorian, Summa cum laude – National University of Health Sciences, Lombard, IL
- Completed training in IV Nutritional Therapy
- Bachelor of Science in Biology with a Minor in English/Non-fiction Writing, St. Lawrence University, Canton, NY